A Project Built Over Many Years
The International French School (Singapore) supports the students in making their choices for higher education, whether in France or overseas, thereby helping them to be autonomous and take charge of their future.
The site of the educational guidance
On the educational guidance site of the International French School (Singapore), you will find some detailed information about:
- News and calendar of events
- Internship for our 2nde Students
- Parcoursup Plateform to apply to French Higher education.
- Competitive examinations hosted at the IFS Campus
- School exchange programme ADN
- AGORA: the AEFE platform dedicated to guidance with contributions from present and former students at French schools worldwide (forum and testimonials)
The Educational Guidance team with the Reference Teacher and the pedagogical team assist in:
- providing information on jobs and training paths. Events are organised throughout the school year, progressively from 6ème to Terminale (grades 6 to 12). School orientation is part of the subjects and is highlighted throughout the year with school orientation events. All these events are part of the “Parcours Avenir” (Personal Project for the future).
- helping the student decide his or her own educational guidance, trust his or her abilities, be realistic about his or her potential, set targets and strategies of discovery, autonomy and self-assessment, with academic success in mind.
An English speaking teacher is there to provide assistance in the application process for the English speaking universities.
Besides, in order to foster the success of the students, the International French School (Singapore) offers specific preparation classes to several exams (Sciences Po, Sésame, Geipi, etc.).
- A career fair is organised for 4ème to Terminale students.
- University fair is organized for High School students.
- Several universities and schools regularly come to the school: French (ESSEC, EDHEC, universités de technologie, Universités parisiennes, Sciences Po, …), Canadian (UT, Concordia, …) or European.
- Every week a school orientation newsletter is sent to all students and their parents.
In the event of a return to France before the Baccalauréat
The AFFELNET procedure governs the placement of students in public high schools and some private high schools under ministerial agreement, in some public or private agricultural high schools, and sometimes in some CFA.
The procedure is mainly for the following students:
- 3ème (grade 9) students for placement in general or technological Seconde (grade 10), or vocational Seconde and in first year of CAP
- Seconde (grade 10) students for the placement in technological Première (grade 11), sometimes in general Première (depending on the academies). For these students, the request to bridge into vocational Première or those who exceptionally wish to repeat their year, the procedure is done through AFFELNET.
What do our students become?
Thanks to the AGORA platform (Alliance Générations Orientation Réseau AEFE) , our students have access to an experiences’ sharing space between high school students and alumni of the AEFE network: a forum, interviews, video testimonials, etc.